On November 28, 2014 the A.Shalimov Institute for Surgery and Transplantology (Kiev) hosted a scientific-practical seminar "Practical aspects of infection control and ensuring proper functioning of the operating departments". Discussion on the new sanitary rules adopted by the Ministry of Health Order No.552 "Disinfection, pre-sterilization cleaning and sterilization of medical devices in health care institutions" dated 11.08.2014". The seminar was organized by the Center of Surgical Innovation on the initiative of the Ukrainian Association of Sterilization and Disinfection, the World Association of Sterilization and Disinfection and with the sponsorship of Soering, ЗМ, Renessans Medical, Shulke, Каlina, Ansell, BMT, Simesta-Vaal, А-Profi and MIELE companies.
The seminar was attended by the epidemiologists, heads of Sterilization departments, infectologists, head nurses and operating nurses from all regions of Ukraine - Kiev and Kiev Region, Zakarpatie Region, Lvov, Kherson, Chernigov, Odesa, Nikolayev, Khmelnitsky, Rovno, Zhytomyr, Dnepropetrovsk, Zaporozhye. Experts from Ukraine, Great Britain, Germany, Finland and Lithuania were invited to speak at the seminar.
During the day the participants of the seminar could listen to the reports and then discuss them, find information from promotional materials and exhibition stands about the products of the leading producers of sterilization equipment and disinfectants, visit the Central Sterilization department of the A.Shalimov Institute.
The seminar presented the following reports:
1. Prevention of nosocominal infection in medical institutions - N. Kozhan (Ukraine)
2. Disinfection of endoscopes in Ukraine - V. Nikishaev (Ukraine)
3. On the availability of the ISO 9001 quality control system in health care institutions of the highest level of accreditation - O. Ramazanova-Stiopkina (Ukraine)
4. Automatic pre-sterilization cleaning of medical devices in health care institutions. Modern experience - G. Labeznik (Germany)
5. English experience: centralizing the processing of medical devices and bendable endoscopes.Conformity to standards, implementation of quality system - Olga Sleigh (Germany)
6. Sterilization of reusable medical devices in health care institutions. Classification of medical devices, selection of method and mode. Analysis of Ministry of Health Order No.552 dated 11.08.2014 - G.Sergeev (Ukraine)
7. Modern packaging materials and the packaging of medical devices before sterilization - Jury Makinen (Finland), Antanas Chitkauskas Lithuania)
8. Selection of detergents and disinfectants for autonatic and manual washing of bendable endoscopes and other devices - Dr.Weigert (Germany), S.Proos (Ukraine)
9. Control parameters for medical devices sterilization process and pre-sterilization cleaning quality - O.Gareev (Ukraine)
10. Hospital of the future: the concept of hospital which is subject to general disinfection - D. Bilko (Ukraine)
The seminar participants defined the new sanitary rules discussed as a very important document to ensure a better quality of health care protection.
In 2015 it is planned to hold a similar event in Lvov.
Follow our news.