On September 22, 2014 Uzhgorod national university held a research and practice seminar for surgical nurses.
The workshop was initiated by the Center of Surgical Innovation and sponsored by Soering, 3M, Shulke, Karl Storze, Medicare, Ренесcанс- Медикал companies with the assistance of Zakarpatskaya Region administration and Zakarpatskaya Region Association of nurses.
The program of the seminar comprised the following reports and presentations:
1. The Ukraine Ministry of Health regulatory documents for nurses - A.M. Savych, President of Zakarpatskaya Region Association of nurses.
2. Current time steam sterilization. The using of autoclaves for a quality and delicate sterilization of the high-tech medical equipment - A.O.Basan, the Ренессанс- Медикал company.
3. Chemical disinfection and sterilization. Groups of active ingredients. Selection of disinfectants - S.M.Bilitsky, Shulke.
4. Video presentation "Steps of cleansing process for surgical instruments to be long in use. Frequent mistakes" - V.A. Astapenkov, Soering.
5. Golden security standards in endoscopic surgery - Yu.B. Yevteyev, the Karl Shtolze company.
6. Video course "Hand cleansing in surgery" - S.M. Bilitsky, the Shulke company.
7. Basic skills for working with modern surgical equipment. Choosing modes in electro surgery; electrical safety; analysis of frequent mistakes - V.A. Astapenkov, Soering.
8. Video course "The preparing of electrical equipment for functioning in the operating room" - V.A.Astapenkov, Soering.
After the seminar the registered participants received their certificates.
The seminar participants noted the necessity of the event as well as its well-planned organization.