COURSE OBJECTIVES of Thoracoscopic Surgery
- More and more surgeons are showing interest in advanced video-assisted thoracoscopic procedures, yet many of them are still unsure of how to embark on this challenging program.
- The aim of this course is to go into technical details, tips and tricks and to share experience with experts. As thoracoscopic surgery presents a wide range of operative possibilities, with options such as hybrid video-assisted techniques or pure endoscopic ones, international experts in these different approaches will share their experience and discuss the pros and cons of each technique.
- For participants interested in training, hands-on sessions on live tissue (option B), as well as initiation on robots (option B) are organized.
- The program does not focus on theoretical aspects of advanced thoracoscopic procedures that can be easily found in congresses, such as theoretical background of VATS, benefits and limitations of VATS, analysis of results, controversies about indications...
HIGHLIGHTS of Thorascoscopic Surgery
- Technological aspects: the course will focus on practical technological aspects such as instrumentation, energy source and tissue approximation technologies,operating room set-up, robotics.
- Approaches: use and location of access incisions, their benefits and limitations.
- Tips and tricks.
- Complications: one major session of the course will be devoted to the analysis and management of complications, based on videos.
TARGET AUDIENCE of Thoracoscopic Surgery
This curriculum is designed to meet the requirements of experienced thoracoscopic surgeons, who are considering starting a VATS program and who seek practical and helpful information. Fellows and residents as well as thoracic surgeons with limited experience in advanced thoracoscopic procedures will also benefit from sharing their experience with experts and colleagues.
Регистрация на мероприятие